Here, i have limited time so i am make post on uPVC, PVC, PVCu doors cleaning content and for PVCu, PVC, PVCu window cleaning tips covered in video please check it.
uPVC door and window can create a stunning entrance to your home. They are also great at reducing drafts and keeping the heat in your home. There are hundreds of designs to choose from so you can select one which will complement the overall look of your house. Although white is still a very popular choice, you can now choose doors with a wood effect finish if you prefer the traditional look for your external doors.
UPVC doors are naturally low maintenance and don’t need to be treated or protected from the elements as wooden doors do and you can also avoid the expense of regular painting. UPVC doors are not immune from needing cleaning and general maintenance though. The very nature of doors means that they are constantly being battered by the elements which can cause them to gather dirt look unclean. Wet weather can cause constant damp patches on your doors which can be a breeding ground for algae which will create an ugly green layer. Other problems can come from traffic emissions leaving residue which can give them an off-white look.
A little bit of maintenance from time to time will help to keep them in full working order and make sure they stay looking great.
Below are some quick tips to help keep your UPVC doors in superb condition…
- The parts of UPVC doors which are exposed to the elements should be washed down with warm soapy water to avoid dirt building up and penetrating seals and any small cracks. Use a soft cloth to avoid scratching the doors and be sure to thoroughly rinse and dry the door once it’s clean.
- Stay away from using coarse cleaning products as their abrasive nature could do more harm than good and leave scratches on your doors.
- Check the parts of your doors that are only on display when the door is open such as the hinges and the inside of the frame. Clear debris out with a damp cloth to remove grime which could stop the door from closing properly or hinder the effectiveness of the seal.
- To keep the locks of your doors in working order try applying a small amount of petroleum jelly to the locks to keep them lubricated.
- Avoid using oil to lubricate hinges and instead try a silicone based lubricant.
- Using cream cleanser in warm water to clean your UPVC doors is a better choice than washing up liquid which can degrade the seals. You can also purchase professional cleaning products for your diy doors from leading DIY stores.
Please check video how to clean uPVC windows and doors:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehO1zioIWvE (Here i have problem i dont know how to upload video when i got ot then definatly upload it here. thanks for support)
If you are read more about how to clean PVC windows and doors then please use below active threads:
Also another resource is www.answerbank.com please use below link:
Hope its helps if this information help you or have any question then please make a comment…
Read my previous posting: Do You Know Your Home or House Types? - here you get information regarding house types and advantages of each house and which homes are mostly used for which condition.
Other house cleaning posts:
Home Improvement: About cleaning my home
Conservatories Window | Composite Glass
Home Improvement: Home Spring Cleaning Tips
Home Improvement: Home Spring Cleaning Tips II
Home Improvement: Home Spring Cleaning Tips III